We suggest that you check the Availability Calendar page prior to completing the Reservation Form
to determine if the dates you want to reserve are available.
Before completing the Reservation Form below please review our policies listed below,
and this link: North Carolina Vacation Rental Agreement.
The only form that we require you to complete is the Reservation Form which contains
much of the information required on the North Carolina Vacation Rental Agreement.
1. Must be 21 or older to rent Wilderness Lodge. Person/s named on the Reservation Form are responsible for any damage, or loss to the property. This includes damage or loss caused by their invited, or uninvited guests.
2. 50% of the total rental amount is due at the time of the reservation; balance is due 14 days before arrival date. Reservations made less than 14 days from arrival date require payment in full. Payment is expected within 48 hours of the invoice being received by the customer (unless other arrangements have been discussed). Payments are invoiced to customer through PayPal. All charges incur a sales tax charge of 6.75%.
3. We charge a $90 cleaning fee for the house, and $35 for apartment if rented, that we will not waive. Vacation rentals that do not charge a cleaning fee are often managed/cleaned by the owners. Wilderness Lodge has a staff of cleaning personnel that will clean the home to the same standard each time they clean, and drain/clean/fill the hot tub.
4. Cancellations have option of re-booking for a stay of equivalent duration, or a refund of monies paid. If the cancellation, and request for refund option is less than 14 days from your arrival date, and your reservation is on a major holiday (Memorial Day, July 4th, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years), the month of July or October, then a $50 fee is deducted from the refund of any monies paid. We do not refund money for early check-out, late check-ins, or “no-shows”. In severe weather we may cancel a reservation at our discretion if we feel there is a threat to your safety. Any money paid will be refunded without a fee, or you may re-schedule for a future date.
5. We have a 2 night minimum stay requirement year round, including holidays. We offer year round, and seasonal discounts (restrictions may apply).
6. Check-in time is 4pm, and check-out time is 11am. No early check-ins or late check-outs on days we have other guests checking in or out- NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. We accept pets, and have had dogs, and an occasional cat has been at this home. Please crate pets if possible when you are away from the home.
8. Wilderness Lodge is a NO SMOKING home. You may smoke outside at the campfire ring.
9. No hunting, shooting, taget practice, or ATV’s are allowed on the property.
10. No one under 15 years of age is permitted in the hot tub. Rules for use of the hot tub are in an information binder located in the house.
11. Adults are responsible for the safety of children at the home and surrounding property. The house is not childproofed. The mountains are home to wild animals such as deer, bears,etc. PLEASE do not leave food out for them, or attempt to feed them if you encounter them.
12. In the event of a complaint requiring a response by law enforcement you could be asked to vacate the premises. No refunds will be issued if guests are asked to leave the property for violations of law, or creating a disturbance. Please do not trespass on properties located at the bottom of the driveway. We have 200 acres above the Wilderness Lodge house for you to explore.
13. In the event of a failure/outage of electric, phone, satellite, internet, major appliance we will contact the appropriate service provider/repair person when we are made aware of an interruption in service/malfunction. Bad weather can sometimes cause interruptions in utility service, and this is beyond our control. Please do not wait until you have returned home to inform us that you experienced an inoperable appliance, etc.
14. Wilderness Lodge, and it’s property manager Only in the Mountains Realty are not responsible for injury, or death to our guests, and their invited or uninvited guests. Guests should dress appropriately, wear proper shoes when wandering in the mountains. If hiking on the property guests should have appropriate equipment i.e. flashlight, cell phone, hiking sticks, etc., and appropriate clothing.
15. Verizon, and U.S. Cellular are the best cell phone providers in this area, we cannot however guarantee service with them or other carriers. We do have a landline, and offer FREE long distance calling. We also have Wi-Fi (DSL).
16. Personal belongings left at Wilderness Lodge are considered abandoned property after 30 days. Please contact us if you realize that you left any items. The most common item left by guests is plugs/adapters for phones/electronic devices. Please check before you leave the house to be sure that you have all of your belongings.
17. The Wilderness Lodge driveway is 1/2 mile long, gravel, and rough in a few spots. WE JUST DID MAJOR WORK (in 2017)ON THE DRIVEWAY! IT HAS A GENTLER SLOPE NEAR THE HOME, NEW DRAINAGE PIPES AND GRAVEL. You must use your judgment with low riding vehicles, or sports car. At this time 4 wheel drive shouldn’t be necessary, except in winter weather See DIRECTIONS & MAP PAGE FOR PHOTOS OF THE DRIVEWAY.. Wilderness Lodge, and it’s property manager Only in the Mountains Realty are not responsible for damage to your vehicle. Motorcycles cannot access the property.
18. Wilderness Lodge, and it’s property manager Only in the Mountains Realty are not responsible for loss, or damage of your property. Although this is a low crime area we suggest that you lock the home, and your vehicle.
19. You may request a written quote, this is also recommended if discounts apply (military, law enforcement, firefighters). All payments received in PayPal are transferred to the property owner’s account at TD Bank, Waynesville, North Carolina.
20. Last but not least… we have no control over the elements of Mother Nature, for example, how much water flows in the stream, how colorful leaves are in fall. We hope you are able to enjoy these special features of the mountains but if weather interferes there is nothing we can do to change that.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO MAKE A RESERVATION
All fields are required to be completed for the form to transmit successfully.
If you complete the form on an I-Pad or phone it may not transmit.
Please use a lap top or desk top computer; if not available we will accept the information contained below in an e-mail.
When we receive the Reservation Form we will send you an
invoice through PayPal for the required payment.
Nature Sounds/Easy Listening Music